Q: Why choose Canada as my study Abroad Country of choice?

A: Canada has one of the most well-respected education systems in the world and can offer you an amazing educational experience and an opportunity to work and live in Canada after you have completed your education.

Q: What is a study Permit in Canada, for example?

A: According to www.canada.ca website, a study permit is a document that is issued by the Canadian embassy that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. After being offered admission into a Canadian school, before you can study in Canada, you will need to obtain the authorization for this in the form of a Study Permit.

In simple terms, a study permit is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for entering Canada as a temporary resident for the purposes of studying in Canada.

Q: Do I qualify for a study Permit?

A: Before you apply for a study permit, you need the following  documents:

  • an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • a valid passport
  • custodian declaration (minors only)
  • Find out which documents you need before you apply for a study permit.
  • Proof of financial support – show proof that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
  • be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • be in good health. You may need to complete a medical exam.
  • convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.be required to provide any additional documentation requested by an immigration officer assessing your application in order to determine whether not you will be allowed to enter Canada.

Q: How long does the application process take?

A: Processing time is how long it takes Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. The processing time for a study permit is 6 weeks; this does not include the transit time between VAC and IRCC office.

Note: Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications IRCC receives and where you submitted your application. The visa office will review your application to make sure you have completed it correctly and have included all the required documents. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete and may be returned to you.

We recommend that you apply for your study permit at least 3-6 months in advance of your intended studies to ensure that your visa is processed on time before your school resumption date.

Q: Can I extend my study Permit?

A: If you are continuing your studies in Canada, you have the option to extend your study permit based on the fact that you are continuing education. However, the same requirements would essentially apply:

You will need to demonstrate your success in the previous year; that you have been enrolled in the next year of studies; you have enough money to support your stay in Canada; You have enough money to pay for your tuition.

Q: Can I work in Canada without a work permit as a student?

A: You may work without a work permit on your school campus where you are studying if you meet the following conditions:

  1. are a full-time post-secondary student at:
    a) a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
    b) a private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools, and is at least 50% funded by government grants, or
    c) a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law
  2. have a valid study permit
  3. and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Q: What is a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

A: You need a SIN from Service Canada to work in Canada or to get benefits and services from government programs. To apply for a SIN to work on campus, your study permit must have these conditions printed on it:

  • May accept employment on the campus of the institution at which registered in full-time studies
  • May accept employment on or off-campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria

If your study permit doesn’t have these conditions, but you meet the criteria, you can ask to have them added so you can apply for a SIN. There is no fee to add these conditions.

You must stop working on campus on the day you are no longer studying full time or when your study permit expires.

Q: Where can I work on campus and who can I work for?

A: “On-campus” means all the buildings on your school campus. If your school has more than one campus, in most cases, you may work only at locations in the city where you are studying.

Q: Who can you work for?

A: The school, a faculty member, a student organization, yourself (self-employed on-campus), a private business, a private contractor that provides on-campus services to the school.

Q: Can I work Off-Campus without a work permit while I am studying in Canada?

A: You may work off-campus without a work permit if you:

  1. have a valid study permit
  2. are a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  3. have started studying
  4. are in a program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate and is at least six months long and
  5. have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  6. have been a full-time student since you started your program in Canada and are now studying part-time only because this is your last semester (and you don’t need a full course load to complete your program).Use the self-assessment tool to see if you are eligible to work off-campus without a work permit.

Q: How long can I work as a student off-campus with my study permit?

A: To work off-campus, you must first apply for your work permit and follow a similar process. Do not begin to work off-campus until you have received your work permit.

The work permit authorizes you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break).

NOTE: If your situation changes and you no longer meet all the requirements, you must stop working off-campus. You and your employer must make sure you are eligible to work off-campus without a work permit before you start working. If you start working off-campus but don’t meet the requirements, you may be asked to leave Canada.

Q: Can I get a work permit along with my study permit?

A: If you obtain your Study Permit, you may also be eligible to obtain an off-Campus Work Permit that will allow you to work a specified amount of time off-campus.

This is especially possible if your academic, professional or vocational training program requires work experience, such as a co-op or internship placement, you will need a work permit as well as a study permit.

You may apply for a co-op or intern work permit if:

  1. you have a valid study permit,
  2. working is a key part of your study program in Canada,
  3. you have a letter from your school that confirms all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree
  4. your co-op or internship is 50 percent or less of the total program of study.

NOTE: You aren’t eligible for a co-op work permit if you are studying:

  1. English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL) or
  2. general interest courses or courses to prepare for another study program.

In these cases, you need to get a valid work permit to work in Canada.

Note: A work permit does not guarantee that you will find a job. It is your responsibility to look for work. Remember that even if you work off-campus, your studies must be the main reason you are in Canada.

 Q: What is an Open Work Permit?

A: An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:

  1. a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada; or
  2. Proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee.

Q: Am I eligible for an open work permit?

A: You may be eligible for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations:

  1. Permanent residence applicants who have applied to an office in Canada,
  2. Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants,
  3. Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students,
  4. Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members,
  5. Some temporary resident permit holders – eg valid study permit, or
  6. Some young workers participating in special programs.

Q: How long is my open work permit valid for as a spouse of an international student?

A: Your work permit as a spouse or common-law partner of an international student is valid for the same period of time as your spouse’s study permit.

Q: Can I pay and obtain a work permit to travel and start working in Canada?

A: No way, because Canada will require you to have a letter of employment from a company in Canada to issue visa, and it is almost impossible to get such letter as it is not easy to justify that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident is capable of doing the job.

Q: I am a graduate and want to relocate to Canada permanently. What are my options?
  1. Getting admission to secure student visa and work permit,
  2. Through Express Entry. Contact us to check your eligibility.
  3. Immigrate as a Quebec skilled worker – Check if you are eligible to apply here.
  4. Through the start-up Visa program – Check if you are eligible here
  5. Immigrate through provincial nominee programs – Learn more about PNP here
  6. Immigrate through the Atlantic immigration pilot_ Learn more about the program here

Q: I have a spouse and children and would like to move my family to Canada. How can I proceed?

A: We can help you secure admission for your spouse to move in with study visa with your children who can start schooling (tuition-free) right away in Canada; after which you will apply for a visitor visa tied to open work permit.

Upon completion of your spouse’s studies and still working with an extended work permit, your family will be eligible for permanent residence processing on some conditions.

Q: How much does it cost to school in Canada?

A: Universities in Canada set their own fees, and these vary depending on several factors:

  1. what program you’re studying,
  2. whether you are an international or home student,
  3. and whether you’re studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level.

But on the average, you can get undergraduate programs that cost less than $28,000CAD/year, while for the graduate programme you can get programs that cost less than $20,000CAD/year. For public elementary and high schools the average total cost is $27,000CAD/year depending on the province.

Q: The tuition for schooling in Canada is too expensive for me, what are my alternatives?

A: Even though Canada is a good study abroad destination, there are other countries that are also good and offer good degrees. One of such countries is China. China is ranked as the third-best study abroad destination in the world, while Canada is ranked fourth.

Check out these 12 reasons why China is one of the most sort study destinations in the world.

If you want a more affordable quality education, China is your best bet. Other countries that our firm has schools we are affiliated with are Cyprus, Ireland and Germany.

Q: Can I get a scholarship to study abroad through your agency?

A: We only help to get a scholarship for you in Chinese universities. However, information on where to source scholarships is widely available online.

Q: Can your company secure a visitor visa for me?

A: Yes, we can help you apply to secure visitor visa to any country.

Q: How long will it take to obtain visiting visa to Canada, Europe or America

A: All depends on how fast documents are assembled.

UK visa takes 4 to 6 days;

Canada Visa could take 3 to four months.

For American Visa, it’s recommended you apply 3 to 4 months ahead of the intended travel time.

Q: How can your firm help me realize my dream of studying in Canada?

A: We are here for you every step of the way. From making sure you get admitted into a reputable DLI to guiding you on how to pay tour tuition and obtain your acceptance letter.

We will also help you obtain your study permit, brief you on post-departure arrangements, make arrangement for your accommodation, get the most affordable flight booked for you and make sure you are settled in your new country.

We will be with you every step of the way.

Q: How do I proceed with Dinspira Travels for my visa processing and other services?

A: First, you have to contact us.

You can also check out our mode of operations here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *